LAY HO MA everyone! If you joined me in the previous episode, you’ll now be able to use that same pumpkin spice pureé on this amazing vegan pumpkin spice CAKE! Oh, and we’re also making a delicious coconut frosting made with real young Thai coconut meat! If you’re into sweet delights or you’re scrambling for an easy vegan dessert recipe, you’ve come to the right place. Roll your sleeves up and brace yourself for the easiest, no BS vegan pumpkin spice cake recipe with a coconut frosting.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Cake:
– 1/2 cup pumpkin spice pureé
– 1 cup cane sugar
– 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (plus a little for greasing your pan)
– 1 cup coconut or almond milk
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 tbsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1.5 cups flour
Ingredients for Coconut Frosting:
– 1 young Thai coconut (meat)
– 1/2 cup cane sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tbsp coconut or almond milk
– 1/4 cup cashews
Directions for Pumpkin Spice Cake:
1. preheat your oven to 350F
2. in a mixing bowl, add your pumpkin spice pureé, cane sugar, coconut oil, and coconut or almond milk
4. add in the salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and flour
6. oil an 8 inch baking pan, pour in your batter, and spread
7. bake in the oven for 50 min
Directions for Coconut Frosting:
1. to open the coconut, CAREFULLY chop (with a heavy duty knife) 4 sides on the top to create an opening
2. separate the coconut meat with a spoon
3. harvest the meat and rinse in cold water
4. strain out your coconut water with a sieve and use for another recipe or drink straight up!
5. in a blender, add your coconut meat, cane sugar, vanilla extract, milk, cashews, and blend on high speed
6. refrigerate the frosting to thicken up more
7. when the cake is done, let is cool in room temperature before adding on the frosting
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Wil Yeung is a wedding and commercial photographer. He is also the advertorial photographer for insauga.com, contract photographer for the city of Mississauga, and the official Japan Festival Canada photographer. Join me in my channel for episodes on photography, entrepreneur motivation, and of course no BS vegan recipes.
Follow me on social media!
Vegan Recipes Instagram:
Vegan Recipes Facebook:
You are watching:
Learn how to make vegan pumpkin spice pureé: