INGREDIENTS for 21.5 cm | 8.5 inch spring form pan
• pecans (240g | 2 1/2 cups)
• coconut oil, melted (27g | 2 TBSP)
• dates, soaked for at least 15 minutes, if you use soft Medjool dates it is not necessary (110g | 5/8 cup)
• raw unsalted cashews (320g | 2 1/8 cups)
• lemon juice (82ml | 5 1/2 TBSP)
• coconut oil, melted (97g | 7 TBSP +1/2 tsp)
• honey | *Vegans use agave nectar (103g | 1/4 cup + 2 1/2 tsp)
• vanilla extract (1 1/2 tsp)
• honey | *Vegans use agave nectar (42g | 2 TBSP)
• raspberries (300g | 2 3/8 cups )
1/ First, soak the cashews for 4 hours or more, the best overnight.
2/ Slightly grease the 21.5 cm | 8.5 inch spring form pan and line it with parchment paper (you can skip this step).
3/ In a food processor, pulse the pecan nuts, until a fine grind.
4/ Add in the dates and melted coconut oil and continue mixing until the mixture starts to stick.
5/ Press into the bottom of pan. Set aside in the freezer to chill.
6/ Rinse and strain the cashews and place them into the food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs form.
7/ Add in the lemon juice, coconut oil, honey (agave), and vanilla extract and continue processing on high until a very smooth mixture forms.
8/ Pour about 2/3 of the mixture onto the crust and smooth with a spoon or spatula. Place into freezer.
9/ Add the honey (agave) and raspberries to the remaining filling and blend on high until smooth. Pour onto the first layer of filling. Place in freezer until solid (approximately about 1-1.5 hour). Then remove and put into refrigerator. Set aside, the best overnight.
10/ Decorate and serve.
** TBSP = tablespoon, tsp = teaspoon
1/ Welcome by Anno Domini Beats, from YouTube Audio Library
2/ Awaken by Anno Domini Beats, from YouTube Audio Library
3/ Stand by Anno Domini Beats, from YouTube Audio Library